Community Health Needs Assessment ~ 2013
Between September and December 2013, a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) was conducted by Bonner General Hospital for the approximately 40,000 residents in their designated service area in Bonner County, Idaho. This service area includes the cities of Sandpoint, Priest River, Sagle, Cocolalla, Ponderay, Hope, Clark Fork, and Priest Lake.
The assessment identified the health problems the residents of Bonner County feel have the greatest impact on their communities.
Implementation Plan for BGH CHNA
The CHNA process identified health needs for the community, presented in rank order:
2. Mental health/suicide
3. Teen births
4. Child abuse/neglect
Bonner General Health is committed to working with existing community organizations to meet the health needs identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment, including:
- Bonner General Health Intensive Behavioral Health for Obesity
- Community Coalition for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Eat Smart Idaho
- Northwest Hospital Alliance
- North Idaho Cancer Advisory Group
- Panhandle Alliance for Education
- Panhandle Health District
- Suicide Prevention Action Network of Idaho
We contribute financial resources, volunteers, and outreach activities for the expansion and benefit of these organizations.
Click HERE to view Bonner General Health’s 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment.