Community Health Needs Assessment ~ 2016
Between August and December 2016, a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) was conducted by Bonner General Health for the approximately 42,000 residents in the designated service area in Bonner County, Idaho. This service area includes the cities of Sandpoint, Priest River, Sagle, Cocolalla, Ponderay, Hope, and Clark Fork.
The assessment identified the health problems the residents of Bonner County feel have the greatest impact on their communities.
Implementation Plan for BGH CHNA
The CHNA process identified health needs for the community, presented in rank order:
1. Obesity (focus on physical fitness and nutrition)
2. Child abuse/neglect
4. Mental Health
Bonner General Health is committed to working with existing community organizations to meet the health needs identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment, including:
- Bonner General Health Intensive Behavioral Health for Obesity
- Community Coalition for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Eat Smart Idaho
- Northwest Hospital Alliance
- North Idaho Cancer Advisory Group
- Panhandle Alliance for Education
- Panhandle Health District
- Suicide Prevention Action Network of Idaho
We contribute financial resources, volunteers, and outreach activities for the expansion and benefit of these organizations.
Click HERE to view Bonner General Health’s 2016 Health Needs Assessment.