Women’s Health Rehabilitation Services
Performance Therapy Service’s Women’s Health Rehabilitation Program provides physical medicine and rehabilitation services for the specific health needs of women.
The program offers innovative treatments and therapies, helping women once again enjoy active, satisfying lives.
The care of our therapists focuses on pregnancy/post-partum, pelvic floor dysfunction and breast and pelvic cancer rehabilitation.
We also pay special attention to particular groups of women like adolescents, female athletes and women with complex conditions.
Comprehensive Evaluation and Diagnostics
When you start your care at Performance Therapy Services, a therapist with advanced training in women’s health rehabilitation conducts the initial evaluation.
This comprehensive exam includes an assessment of the individual’s posture, range of motion, muscles, nerves, joints, balance, coordination and motor control.
Further diagnostic tests are ordered if necessary.
The therapist then creates a custom treatment plan designed to strengthen muscles, improve musculoskeletal function and restore the ability to perform activities of daily living and leisure.
We provide a full range of specialized treatments for women
Provides therapy diagnoses, assessment and treatment for various conditions and illnesses. Physical Therapy aims to restore optimal function and reduce pain.
Provides skills, support and recommendations that help people lead more independent daily lives. Some of these recommendations include the use of adaptive equipment, treatment programs that increase function in everyday activities, as well as education for family members and caregivers.
Other Services We Provide:
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation – Restores optimal function of the pelvic floor muscles and pelvic joints
- Manual Therapy Soft-tissue Mobilization
- Joint Mobilization
- Manual Stretching
- Myofascial Release
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Biofeedback Utilization – Uses audio and visual feedback to reeducate and train muscles
- Pain Management
- Electrical Stimulation
- Sport Specific Strength Training
- Biomechanical and Postural Training – Suggestions and tips on improving efficiency of movement and body positioning
- Lymphedema Treatment Includes lymphatic drainage massage, compression bandaging and therapeutic exercise.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Constipation Painful Bladder Syndrome Sciatica
- Cystocele Painful intercourse Stress Fractures – Female Athlete
- Diastasis Recti
- Pelvic Girdle Pain Stress Fractures – Pregnancy/Postpartum
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Urinary Incontinence
- Dysynergic Defecation Pelvic Pain
- Urinary Retention
- Fecal/Anal Incontinence
- Post-radiation pelvic floor pain Urinary Urgency-Frequency
- Female Athlete Triad Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Rectal Pain Vaginismus
- Levator Ani Syndrome Rectal Prolapse Vulvar Vestibulitis
- Low Back Pain Rectocele Vulvodynia
Contact us for an appointment today:
Performance Therapy Services
423 N. Third Avenue, Suite 150
Sandpoint, ID 83864