Visitor Restrictions and Cancellations
Your safety is our top priority. All persons entering the hospital and our clinics will be required to wear a mask. We will provide one if needed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Diagnostic Imaging is up and running for all services and screenings. Visitor restrictions and protocols still apply.
1. Scheduling of Outpatient Surgery to low-risk patients will begin.
2. All patients will be given clear pre-operative instructions (Click HERE) and will receive a COVID-19 test 24-48 hours before their surgery.
Sandpoint Women’s Health:
1. SWH will continue seeing patients with screening before their scheduled appointment.
2. All scheduled labor & delivery and surgical patients will receive a COVID-19 test 24-48 hours before their surgery.
Ear, Nose, & Throat and Ophthalmology:
ENT is currently open and seeing patients Monday-Wednesday. Call (208) 265-1003 to schedule an appointment.
Ophthalmology is currently open and seeing patients Tuesday-Friday. Call (208) 265-1011 to schedule an appointment.
Visitor Restrictions & Screening
NO VISITORS will be allowed inside the hospital until further notice.
- OBSTETRIC PATIENTS: Will be allowed ONE VISITOR – More Info Here: BGH COVID-19 OB Updates 4.8.2020
- PEDIATRIC PATIENTS: Will be allowed parents/guardians (limit two).
- SURGERY/PROCEDURE PATIENTS: Will be allowed ONE support person.
Visitors must meet all four (5) of the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Free of fever for 72 hours (by report or measured, if available)
- Free of an acute severe cough
- Free of shortness of breath
- Except for transit to and from, visitors are to stay in the patient’s room for the duration of their visit.
Effective Friday, April 3rd at 7:00 am all staff, patients, and APPROVED visitors will be required to wear a cloth mask while in the hospital. If you do not own a mask, we will provide one. All persons will enter through the Patient Registration entrance on 3rd Avenue. Symptom screening will be required. Visitors must follow staff instructions regarding handwashing and the use of personal protective equipment. This is for the health and overall safety of our staff and patients. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe.
Points of Entry
Bonner General Health has implemented limited entry points to the hospital and will be screening everyone – employees, providers, patients, and the limited permissible visitors allowed who enter the building. The following provides additional detail about these safety procedures:
Everyone entering the hospital should come through the hospital Patient Registration entrance on 3rd Ave.
All other entry points will be closed; however, you may leave the building at any exit.
Health Services Building Point of Entry
Effective 4/1, the Health Services Building will have one point of entry. All employees and patients must enter the Health Services Building through the main entrance by the overhang off of 3rd Avenue. All staff, patients, and APPROVED visitors will be required to wear a cloth mask while in the Health Services Building. If you do not own a mask, one will be provided upon entry. The building will only be accessible between the hours of 6 am and 5 pm, Monday–Friday.
Childbirth Education Classes: In-person classes will resume in July. We will follow CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19 including social distancing, accessible hand sanitizing stations, requiring masks for all in attendance (one will be provided if needed), and proper sanitation of the room between classes. Class sizes will be limited to fit within social distancing guidelines, so registration is strongly encouraged. To reserve your space call Sandpoint Women’s Health at (208) 263-2173. Call JoAnn in our Family-Centered Maternity Unit at (208) 265-1246 for more information about Childbirth Classes and Education.