The Cardiac Rehabilitation program provides the support and direction you’ll need to make necessary lifestyle changes.
The program helps you to:
- Understand and reduce your risk factors for heart disease
- Learn how to manage your condition with a healthy diet
- Return to optimal physical condition through the development of a safe exercise program
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Rebuild a healthy lifestyle
Cardiac Rehabilitation focuses on gradually increasing your physical fitness levels in a safe and supervised environment. Participants learn the importance of exercise, guidelines for safe exercise, recognizing when to slow down or stop, and symptoms to report to their physician.
An exercise program is designed specifically for you and includes aerobic exercise, strength training, and stretching.
During your exercise session, you will be closely supervised and monitored with an electrocardiographic (ECG) monitoring system. Your blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen levels will also be monitored.
After you have completed the ECG-monitored program, you may enroll in a heart-healthy maintenance program. In this phase of the program, emphasis is placed on supporting and maintaining your exercise program and lifestyle changes.